NMLS Approves Another Capstone Course
GA. 8 Hrs. Comprehensive Classroom CE
Optional AMI Compliant Certificate
$125.00 Includes printed materials and a working lunch
Aug 16th, 2019
[add_to_cart id=”16895″ style=”border: none; text-align: left !important
Future Training Dates Below
Make Your Reservation Here For Our 1 Day Live Training Class
July 19th 8:30 to 5 Pm
includes working lunch and printed materials
Seating is limited so register early!
Advanced registrations can’t be processed more than 30 days in advance.
Example: If you wanted to come to a July class you would register for your class
after our June 14th class has completed and before the July class dates.
We do this is to help students from having to cancel due to
emergencies and unseen future plans and events.
Class times are from 8:30AM to 4:30PM with breaks and a working lunch
Friday July 19th
Friday Aug 9th
Friday Aug 16th
Friday Sept 13th
Friday Sept 20th
Friday Oct 4th
Friday Oct 11th
Friday Oct 18th
Friday Oct 25th
Capstone Institute Offices
The Atlanta Board of Realtors Training Facilities
5784 Lake Forrest Dr
Sandy Springs GA 30318
From the South:
I-75 north to I-285 east or I-85 north to I-285 west. Exit at Roswell Road south and turn right onto Northwood Drive. Turn right onto Lake Forrest. The Atlanta REALTORS® Center on the left at the stop sign (intersecting Allen Road).
From the North:
Take GA 400 south and change to I-285 west. Continue as above via Roswell Road.
From East or West:
I-285 to Roswell Road. Continue as above.
Take a well earned day off and enjoy meeting up with your fellow professionals.
Instead of dreading your continuing education requirements enjoy a day off in a professional classroom and meet with your fellow mortgage professionals.
Enjoy your training with a working lunch and breaks to talk shop, trade rumors, with other attendees. Get exposed to our market; and to what’s actually happening in the Georgia residential lending market.
Can’t make our training dates or you’re too far away from Atlanta?
Help us by sending your comment on locations within or near Georiga that work best for you or your company.
We’re planning on holding most of our classes in Sandy Springs Georgia, but we’d love to visit Birmingham, Chattanooga, Nashville, Augusta, Macon, Rome, Savannah, or Columbus. So please let us know when and where works best for you.
Still prefer online training?
Take advantage of our affiliations with other approved providers and use our coupon code
Cap30 for your 30% discount on any of their online classes. Click here for online training
Specifics About This Year’s 8 Hrs. Georgia CE Training Program
You may have seen these classes before but not from us. Getting a refresher class on materials you use to know by heart
won’t strain your brain and you’ll come away better knowing the new changes, rules and how they apply to you and your company.
President Capstone Institute of Mtg Finance
39 years Mortgage & Real Estate Experience
Master Trainer Conventional – Government Loans – Underwriting-VP Builder Sales & Operations
43 years of mortgage banking experience
Branch Manager Full Retail Banking, Consumer Lending, Origination, Operations Manager, Mortgage Servicing, Wholesale Operations.
Regional VP and Servicing Operations
30 years of mortgage experience
Broker Principle, Origination, Management, Wholesale Operations
VP Originations & Operations
1 Hour Georgia state law
This course satisfies the state-specific continuing education requirement for Georgia Licensed Mortgage Loan Originators (MLOs). During this 1 hour course, we will provide an overview of the laws and regulations the Georgia Mortgage Professional must know and abide by.
3 hrs. Federal Law Requirement – RESPA and SAFE
- RESPA –Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (enacted in 1974 implemented by Reg X). Establishes specific disclosure requirements in the real estate settlement process and prohibits specific practices such as kickbacks.
- Our discussion includes key insights into the new GFE and discusses the differences between the new and old GFE.
- SAFE Act– Secure and Fair Enforcement Act for Mortgage Licensing (enacted in2008). This act is a key component of the Housing and Economic Recovery Act of 2008 (Title V). The SAFE Act sets forth requirements for the licensing and registration of all mortgage loan originators and mandates the creation of a National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLSR).
2 Hours Ethics Requirement – Ethics, Fair Lending, and Fraud
This part of our course provides an ethical foundation and summary for Fair Lending Laws, a summary of fraud schemes and preventative measures and, lastly, focuses on a couple of key topics in Fair Lending. Specifically, this course includes the following modules:
- How Laws Enforce Ethics –this module covers the ethical and economic basis for laws and discusses the purpose of various fair lending laws in the mortgage industry.
- More on HOEPA and Predatory Lending– this module details the topic of predatory lending, showing the various methods that have been used and the general prohibitions HOEPA outlines to protect consumers from these practices
- More on Yield Spread Premiums – this module delves deeper into the hot topic of Yield Spread Premiums
- Mortgage Fraud – this module covers the common mortgage schemes that have been practiced as well as some basic preventative measures
2 Hrs. Nontraditional Mortgages Requirement – ARMs and IOs
This part of our course summarizes various types of adjustable rate and interest only non-traditional mortgages that have been introduced over the last 30 years. This course is taught in the context of the 2007 housing meltdown and includes the features, pros/cons, and pitfalls of each type of loan.
Specific loans covered include:
- Adjustable-rate mortgages (ARMs)
- Interest Only mortgages (IOs)
- Negative Amortization mortgages